Earth Day Tips To Help Save The Planet
Elizabeth City, NC, – On Sunday April 22nd, Earth Day, we’ll be celebrating our amazing planet as we revisit some of our favorite things to do in Elizabeth City! Now more than ever, we’re aware of our impact on the environment. The good news is that Chevy vehicles are reducing emissions and are becoming more fuel efficient! Today serves as a great reminder for us to do our part to preserve planet earth. Converting to a more fuel efficient Chevrolet vehicle is a great first step, be here are a few more Earth Day Tips To Help Save The Planet in your everyday life!
Earth Day Tips To Help Save The Planet:
1. Unplug electronic appliances. Even when they aren’t turned on, electronic appliances that are plugged into a power source still draw energy, which means you’re wasting energy.
2. Shop the local farmer’s market. Not only is the carbon impact of items from your farmer’s market lower due to reduced transportation, but the food is almost always organic meaning no chemical pesticides have been used.
3. Buy and use a lunch box. Think about how waste-free you can make your lunch by using reusable containers, a reusable water bottle, and reusable utensils.
4. Install a new shower head. If you take a 10 minute shower every morning, you’re likely using over 9,000 gallons of water per year. By switching to an EPA approved shower head you could save over 3,000 gallons of water per year!
5. Fill up the dishwasher. If you have a modern dishwasher, you don’t need to rinse dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. In addition, wait until the dishwasher is full before turning it on.
6. Use the shades. Save money and energy by lowering your window shades. In the summer, they will keep the sun and heat out and in the winter they will keep cold drafts at a minimum.
7. Switch to natural household products. Regular household cleaning products can be incredibly toxic and have actually been cited as the second largest air pollutants in major U.S. cities!
8. Start a compost. You can greatly reduce the amount of household trash by composting.
9. Dispose of old electronics the right way. When electronics are dumped in landfills and exposed to high heat, they release toxic chemicals into the air, water, and ground. So either sell them online, or take them to the proper location in your city to get rid of them.
10. Walk instead of drive. If you’re going a short distance, get some exercise and fresh air. With the weather being so nice out, you don’t need to drive everywhere.
11. Pay your bills online. Not only will this save on paper, but it’s also more convenient for you!
12. Stop using plastic or paper bags at the grocery store. Many grocery chains and stores offer reusable bags for a small price and unlimited use. Think about how much plastic you’ll save in a month!
By performing routine maintenance on your vehicle, you’ll get the best fuel-efficiency possible. Schedule your spring service appointment at Carolina Chrysler today.
Carolina Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram is located at 1001 Halstead Blvd, Elizabeth City, NC 27909 and we can help you find the perfect vehicle for your weekend getaway! For more information on Carolina Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, the RAM 2500 towing capacity, or for any questions call us at (252) 679-8675 or visit our website: www.CarolinaChrysler.com.